Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thanks to God...

Spring Flowers
If on a quiet sea
t'ward heav'n we
calmly sail,
With grateful hearts,
o God,
to Thee,
we'll own the
fav'ring gale...
 
But should the surges rise,
and rest delay
to come,
Blest be the
tempest,
kind the storm
which drives us
nearer home...
 
Soon shall our doubts and fears
all yield to Thy control,
Thy tender mercies shall illume
The midnight of the soul...
 
Teach us in every state
to make Thy will our own,
And when the joys of sense depart
To live by faith alone...
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I recently crested a mountain of discouragement like none I have ever passed in my walk with God heretofore. I do not remember ever facing such fierce battles as the ones I faced in those months of wilderness journeyings. I know what that song is talking about, including 'the joys of sense' departing.
 
But one thing I shout from the rooftop today:
JESUS meant every word He said, including:
"I will never leave you or forsake you".
 
I have had some very special moments with God in the wilderness,
moments that I know God sent me just to reassure and comfort His
daughter in distress.
I feel a special kinship to Abraham, Joseph, David and the prophets
who communed with God and knew the reality of His still, small voice.
 
So today, I thank God for wilderness wanderings.
I thank Him for streams in the desert.
I thank Him for His ever faithful love and
that He never goes back on His word.
 
Praise Him with me:
 
 
He is good. We are His own.
Our names are written in the palms of His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...