Monday, April 29, 2013

Broken Things

Sunset over Wheat field

Broken Things-

My father's father worked this land,
For many years I took my stand
But the plow is so heavy
And I can't hold on
To the legacy of the farmer's song

I'll remember the days when the sun on the land
Wiping sweat from my brow with a rough calloused hand
And the smell of the ground, freshly broken and clean
Made by One who still gives broken hearts new dreams

[Chorus]
Oh, Lord who uses broken things
With your broekn clouds gives us sweet, sweet rain
Who gives us bread from broken grain
Oh, Lord make me stronger through broken things!

Give me what I need, not what I demand.
Send me Heaven-filled hopes, not earth-made plans.
But the plow is so heavy and I can't hold on
Oh, Father who cares, fill my heart with this song!

[Chorus]
Oh, Lord who uses broken things
With your broken clouds gives us sweet, sweet rain
Who gives us bread from broken grain
Oh, Lord make me stronger through broken things

Oh, Lord make me stronger
Through broken things!
 
(I am not sure who to give credit to for writing this song. Do you know?)
 
May we fall on the Rock and be completely broken so that Christ can
build us up in His kingdom, vessels for the Master's use.
 
 
PS
I cannot to be made stronger through broken things
unless I am dead unto self and alive unto Him in HIS strength
through brokenness.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...