Saturday, April 13, 2013

What's for Supper?

My second daughter enjoyed making these this week after seeing Shoshanna Easling make them on a youtube video clip. I can't post the recipe without the video as Shoshanna is an inspiring person. "-) I hope you enjoy both. One note, however: we cut the honey by half and it is still pretty sweet. These make special afternoon treats after veggies and hummus are consumed by young fry, whose windblown hair and rosy cheeks tell of outdoor exercise in the fresh spring breezes and sunshine.

 
 
 
 
Makes about 20 energy balls.
 
1 cup finely shredded coconut
1 cup almond butter
3/4 cup dried cranberries
 (we used half golden/half black raisins)
1/2 cup Raw Honey
2 tablespoons Eleuthero Root Pwd. (optional)
1 tablespoon Cinnamon Pwd.
1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
2 tablespoons Chia Seeds
1 tablespoon Flax Seeds
 
Instructions:
1. Set aside 1/2 a cup of the coconut in a shallow bowl for coating.
2. Put the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to blend. I normally use my hands instead of a spoon to really knead the ingredients into a cohesive ball.
3. Pinch off pieces of the dough and form into balls about 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Roll each in the reserved coconut to coat.
4. For the best flavor and consistency, allow the balls to set for 24 hours before eating. Store the balls in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator and consume within 2-3 weeks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...