Friday, May 3, 2013

Give me Jesus...

spring-daisy-red
 
“I want
the presence of
 God Himself,
or I don’t want anything
 at all to do with religion…
 
I want all
that God has
 or I don’t want any.”
 
 

A. W. Tozer
This is so my heart cry. It echoes Jesus' words in His prayer for us in John 17:3
 
""This is eternal life, that they may know You,
the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."
 
I don't want anything that doesn't help me know eternal life.
End of story.
Always.
I don't want religion that is focused on alot of manmade do's and don'ts.
I don't want religion that is riddled with counterfeits whether it be
worshiping outward practices, or mixing religions and creating an
abominable concoction that poisons the mind and draws me away from
the simplicity which is in Christ.
I want Jesus.
Simple, child-like faith in that Redeemer who also is my Shepherd,
my Master and my Guide.
 
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...