Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday

photo credit: Angela Zimmerman (taken in my back yard)
Today I rejoice that
 
Jesus
 
is the same
 
as He was yesterday,
 
as He is today,
 
and that He will
 
be the same
 
forever...
 
He always was and always will be.
 
His Spirit is the same as
He always has been, too.
 
Man changes.
Man quenches the Spirit.
Man puts others into oppression
and is used of the devil to
hinder hearts from seeking Christ.
 
But Jesus never changes.
 
His love never fails.
The compassion that He had for the blind, poor and maimed
is still the same as it was when He walked the dusty highways of earth.
 
His commandments have not changed.
What He required of the early church
remains His design for the church of today as well.
 
I am comforted in knowing this unchanging One.
I am secure in His love and know what He desires for me
and from me.
His freedom is for me today, too, as it was for
all who sought Him with their whole heart over the
centuries of time.
 
Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift:
Jesus.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...