Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday

Today, I bless the Lord for faithful friends who heed the prompting of the Holy Spirit to send a message of love and hope to someone they may or may not even know is struggling.

I was the happy recipient of such an experience recently when a package came in the mail for me. Imagine my utter joy and gratitude to God when upon opening it, I found a beautiful journal (yes, I'm a sucker for journals!) and a card with a beautiful message in it from a faraway sister whose heart beats in accord with mine~loving Him who first loved us.

The Scripture on the journal was a perfect fit for the mountain I had just crested. I was still standing there, in victory, wind whipping about my face, breathing hard from the climb when that package came, sealing my newfound delight in my Father God who was broadening my horizon from a new vantage post at the top of a mountain where I have never been before.



 
 
It read:
 
 I sing in the shadow of your wings.
 
Psalm 63:7
 
 
 
 
So thanks to my lovely friend who sent this gift of love.
I will treasure each line I write upon in this journal,
AND
I will treasure that verse!
 
Truly I do sing in the shadow of His wing.
Life is very disappointing sometimes
but to sing in the shadow of His wing
means that we have faith in One
who is greater than us and
who knows all things.
 
To have that kind of faith means that we are
free to be His vessels,
faithful servants wherever we are called,
despite the heartaches,
despite the cold winds,
and the high waves that beat against our ship.
 
He is there.
That is what matters.
 
Just this very morning I read 1 Cor. 13.
Verse 12 fits this subject very well and I am still
pondering it:
 
"For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection
 [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes]
we shall see in reality and face to face!
Now I know in part (imperfectly),
 but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly,
 even in the same manner as I have been
 fully and clearly known and understood [by God]."
 
That thought really, really comforts me. I do not need to understand
all things now. I just need to stay close to Jesus, walking in step with Him,
and learning what He wants me to learn.
 
Be strong and of a good courage, friends.
In due season, we shall reap if we faint not!
 
Go lift up the hands that hang down and strengthen the feeble knees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...