Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Vineyard...

Grapes on the vine

"Go...and make disciples...teaching them to observe whatever I have commanded you." The words of the Great Commission have been ringing through my heart the past few months as I've pondered how God wants me to use my life.

If we have come to the Cross in repentant faith that the blood of Jesus Christ is what we need to wash away the sinstains, this makes us part of His body, and we are welcomed in and given new life to walk in. This makes us disciples (followers) of Jesus Christ. Followers (disciples) go out and make other disciples.

This is our life long work while on earth. We are His witnesses that He lives. Our lives and lips express the Life He came to give, the good news of the Gospel that Jesus came to save us FROM our sins and make us new (consistently living in His life and purity).

We are not here to make money, get glory and die. We are here for His glory, to witness of His life, to reach out our hands of compassion to those for whom Jesus died. We are here to believe that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to as many as believe.

Sometimes the vineyard we are placed in for service is not the lush, vibrant one where we envisioned we would serve. Perhaps the Lord has set you in a vineyard that is overgrown with thistles and briars, its grape vines tangled and unpruned, with little to no fruit being produced. The Master of the Vineyard sees the potential of this vineyard. He sees the end beauty and has called workers (maybe you) to this vineyard to tend it with care. Perhaps you feel like a newly pruned but small vine yourself. Never fear. If your vine is vibrantly growing with the Life of the Main Vine, God has not made a mistake in putting you in the part of His vineyard that He has, even if it looks like a daunting task to work in an overgrown vineyard with little production of fruit at present. You just go on growing up the side of that post, surrendering to the discipline of being tied/trained to be somewhere your natural man resists (being changed from glory to glory), receiving daily Life and sustainenance from the Main Vine; you be witnesses of His life and power by living an extraordinary life by the power of His Spirit; you go out into the disappointing vineyard with weeping, in faith and prayer , even if it is small like a mustard seed and stand back and see what the Master Gardener will do!

God gave me this picture awhile ago as I pondered a situation. It blessed and encouraged my heart greatly and so I want to pass it along to you, my friends.

Above all, glorify God. Because you have been bought with a price. Your life is not your own.

"Go...and preach the Gospel"
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...