Saturday, June 22, 2013

Make Disciples...

Herb Garden




"Go ye therefore,
and teach all nations,
baptizing them
in the name
of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the
Holy Ghost:
 
Teaching them
 to observe
all things
whatsoever
I have commanded you:
and, lo,
I am with you
alway,
[even] unto the end of the world.
 
 Amen."
 
(Mt. 28:19-20)

Jesus told His disciples to go and make disciples, teaching them to observe whatever He had commanded. Are you a disciple? Are you a follower of Jesus Christ? Then you have a mission wherever you are to make disciples of your town, of your people, of your community.

I have been blessed by listening to this set of sermons on The Making of Disciples. I am so blessed by the preaching of the Cross, God's way for people to come to repentance. As a disciple, I am very much desiring to make disciples for Jesus...but I want to do it His Way. So much of Christianity tries to reach out through a mixture of religions, making a confusing and complicated mish-mash of error mixed with truth, poison mixed with the Living Water, which is the worst thing we could offer to these dear souls.

Making disciples (whether in parenting, or in our communities) requires time, energy, prayer, growing in our own walk with Jesus. We don't have time to be frittering away accumulating wealth unto ourselves, or wasting time on frivolous nonsense, or some other selfish interests that take our time away from our main job.

In heaven we will rest eternally. Today we fight the good fight of faith and make disciples. He gives us restful times while here, but that should not be our goal or focus. Walking in the Holy Spirit ensures that we will live, move and have our being in Him; then we will be sure to be about our Father's business in the ways He desires.

Let's learn of Him how to make disciples. And then let's go and obey the call to do just that. Eternity is at hand, time is short and people wander without a Light to show them the Way Home.

God bless.
Marcia

PS
I am so very thankful for the special people God used in my life to disciple me (and He still uses them and others to do just that). I have been blessed with the simple truths of His Word over and over again as I have sought and He has sometimes used these dear ones to point me to the more excellent Way of the Cross. I am so glad to have this incredible experience, and to know the workings of the Body of Christ in my own life and journey. I want to pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...