Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday

 
 
Over the years, I have been disappointed many times by the lack of
'speaking often one with another' of the things of God
in Christian circles.
 
I have longed for many years for vibrant, excited-about-eternal-things
people to fellowship with in places that I have lived.
As a young Christian, it often disturbed me how little of
valuable conversation could be heard after church services
or when visiting in each others homes.
I often wondered why we didn't share on that level
and my heart often cried out to the Lord for fellowship
in that realm.
 
But one thing I had to learn to do was to be
content with how the Lord answered that heartcry.
He didn't answer it by putting me in an environment
where many congregate and zealously serve the Lord
wholeheartedly together.
 
Instead, He provided fellowship from a distance for me
many times throughout the years.
 
 
 
People from other towns, other states, and other countries.
Emailing.
Faxes.
Cards in the mail.
Care packages in the mail.
Phone calls.
Assurances of prayer.
Traveling time to visit their congregations
and their homes.
 
I have been blessed beyond measure with friends
who love God and who seek Him and serve Him
wholeheartedly.

And in my own town, I am starting to find them, too.
They are here. And I am deeply appreciative of them
wherever they are found, whenever I find them.
 
I have been blessed again by visiting with friends in another
state this past weekend.
My family and I were warmly welcomed as overnight guests,
sitting at supper tables,
hearing testimonies of new birth and regeneration,
hearing concerned 'grandpa' figure who waited
up til late in the night to make time to visit with us and
hear our hearts,
meals kindly shared by new friends who
received us into their home and by their kindness
showed us their devotion to our Father.
 
I am so blessed.
 
 
And I want to especially bless my friends today
who are reading this blog who have shared
their hearts and lives with me and my family.
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I recognize you.
I deeply appreciate you.
I am so blessed to have been shown
'the 7,000 who have not bowed their knee to Baal'.
 
God bless you, all of you.
May we together bless the household of faith
and encourage one another in the Lord.
 
~Marcia
 
PS
I think that God kept me in a 'famine' of much fellowship
because He needed to bring me to a place where
Jesus is my All in all.
There can be no one else who takes His place.
God needed to break me of my 'need' of
people to fill the place in my life and heart
that only He can fill.
 
So today, I thank Him that He is the only wise God
who knows what is good for me in every season.
All glory and honor belongs to Him.
 


3 comments:

  1. Beautifully put, thank-you for being willing to share in this way. May God continue to bless you, as you serve Him. It will be worth it all...Dawn E. Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dawn, for your kind words. I am blessed to know you.
    God be with you,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. honored to call you my friend Marcia. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...