Saturday, July 20, 2013

Calling in the Night...

Awhile ago, I went through a desert experience that brought me to a place of deep mourning for ground lost in places around me that God intended for us to keep. I had to walk away from the edge of the cliff of phsycobabble, sustained by the merciful hand of my heavenly Father who has always kept His promise to keep me and to preserve my going so that I could honor Him.

In my grief over lost or broken friendships, and in the wake of my newly enlightened eyes that suddenly seemed to see in greater measure the sad state of Christendom today, I was often awakened in the night to fall on my face on the floor weeping before God that these things are so.

It was one of the most precious times in my life that I have ever known. I look back over that wilderness experience and thank the Lord for it, knowing that it was a time of pruning for new growth in my own life, as well as finding closer fellowship with Christ and learning how to love His way, and to wait on Him.

Through this experience, and another one where we were called in the night to go do some work for Him, the following song has become special to me.

Let us labor for the Master~til He comes.

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...