Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Father's Business...

Unfinished Journals

Jesus, our Pattern/Perfect Example, said that He must be about His Father's business. He also said that whoever does the will of His Father is His (mother, brother, sister).

This has been a real help to me in my journey with Him. As I pondered this a few years ago, I was inspired to jot down in my journal things I know God specifically has willed for me to do/be. It was something like this:

1. child of God
2. godly wife
3. godly mother
4. servant in the Body
5. daughter

and so on...

Under each number I wrote specific things that I felt were needful for me to move forward in/do at that time. For instance, under (3) I might have written that I felt the need for less distraction that was keeping me from being aware of the needs in my children's lives and/or that I was taking on too much other responsibility and it was causing me to react in less gentle ways than I would like to in my home.

Doing that was a real blessing to me and I appreciated it so much that periodically, I will do it in whatever journal I am currently filling. It is a help to keep me focused and purposeful in my walk with Jesus, and in my work for the Father.

Try it sometime. It is a real blessing plus it's helpful to look back through journals and see what God has been calling you to at various stages in your life. It is also helpful for letting frivolous distractions fall by the wayside as I commit to answering the call of God in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...