Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Maze...

Maze (미로)




















I was thinking recently that the highway to eternity seems like a maze. So many twists and turns. So many ways to go down the wrong road. So many temptations to pull us down the wrong road. People saying 'Lo, here is Christ or there is Christ' when they are presenting or representing a false Christ. A panicky feeling arose in my heart as I pondered this and then almost immediately these comforting thoughts came to me, along with the song at the end of this post.

We don't have to fear. Jesus is our perfect Example of how to walk. In fact, He is the Way to eternal life. He is the Way to have abundant life now. He is the Guide, Elder Brother, Prophet, Priest, King and Redeemer. He is the Savior and the Eternal Refuge. He is the Living Water in the desert, the Bread of Life in the wilderness, the Light of Life in the darkness. All I have to do is follow. All I have to do is give up my old life, the one that leads to destruction and eternal damnation, and receive the new one, His life that gives me a guarantee (as long as I keep living this way) of reaching the End Goal: an eternal Home with Him who led me all the way.

Jesus will lead us over every type of terrain we will have to travel...rocky, steep, smooth, slippery, covered in thistles and weeds, shadowed so deeply that fear rises in the heart, sunny, meadows strewn with wildflowers of every hue, enemy lined roadways, and even flooded or fire encompassed ways. He is a friend who sticks closer than any person ever could, although it certainly is a blessing to have the company of the saints on this journey as well.

I am comforted. I am encouraged. My hand is strengthened in Him. I will walk with Him all my days. My choice has been made. I will forsake all to follow Him. My hope and prayer is that many will run to Him and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...