Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday...

Today's post is given by my friend, Kristina Waldner, at my request. I am blessed to know her and to call her my friend, and little sister in Jesus.

flowers from my favorite garden
photo credit: Angela Zimmerman

"Thankful

  I sometime sit and reminisce what life used to be like without Jesus. It was dreary, it
was empty, it was miserable, it was full of bitterness, full of living completely  for
myself and yet never being satisfied. It was always looking for the new best thing to try
and find  happiness, acceptance and love.  So I am thankful for a new life in Christ.

A couple things stand out to me when I compare the old with the new. Family: I didn't
have the Godly family i wish I would have had, I don't have a whole childhood filled with
good memories, and my view of family before getting saved was very tarnished.  And now I
have been blessed to have been accepted and to be apart of a Godly family, Godly parents
guiding and striving to raise their family for God.  My view of family in these last
couple of years has been redeemed completely. I have seen and experienced how God
ordained and meant for family to be. And I am so thankful God gave me the chance to
experience such love in a home.

Before giving my life to Christ friendships were empty, time with friends was spent
wasted having empty fun. I knew that once I changed and got saved my friends would no
longer have a use for me. And so it was, but God so quickly put new friends in my life.
God has blessed me with friendships so close I couldn't have thought or imagined such
blessed friendships. There is fun, there is laughter, there is sharing , there is joy,
and their is real sisterly love in the friendships that God gives. I am so thankful that
God replaced my old friends with new ones that far surpass any kind of my choosing in the
old life.

I am thankful for new beginnings. Not just in family, friends, but literally a chance to
restart my life in a new place new home new people. I gave my life to Christ and instead
of taking me back to face my past he took me out of my home town, out of circumstances
and placed me in a completely new setting thus giving me the chance to start out from
scratch away from everything and everyone in the old life.

I'm thankful that God knows what I need better then I ever could, I'm thankful that the 
old me  was crucified with Christ and resurrected with Him a new person."
 
"Therefore, if anyone be in Christ, he is a new creation;
old things have passed away, and behold,
all things are become new."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...