Saturday, January 25, 2014

In Psalms and Hymns...

Two-tone pine and snow

My uncle is dying.
This man has blessed me many times by his love of Jesus Christ. For years, he braved America to raise his children to love the Lord in simplicity and love of His people. After they were grown with homes of their own, he sacrificed much to go to Asia many times, taking the Word for eager hands to hold and hungry hearts to read. Over the years, he helped many young men to sacrifice their time to risk smuggling BIbles across communistic borders with a love for people who need the Lord. I wonder how many people are going to be in heaven because he gave his life to do this when he could have settled back in retirement and ease. But years before, he gave up his opportunity of big money to settle for the lesser traveled road of simple faith in Jesus Christ and a focus on eternity and the dying souls of men around the world.

I am blessed to call this man my uncle. I look forward to meeting him on the other side of things one day and worshiping Jesus face to face...and I am just a wee bit jealous that it appears he may get to go there soon.

My heart beats strongly with the conviction that I will live out my days, however many or few I am given, holding to His nail-scarred hand and doing the task His wisdom has assigned me...loving, and giving, and praying, and telling the Good News to whoever will hear me.

I love my uncle John, and ask that you will pray for him if you think about it...

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...