Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The Secret Place...

My family is currently working on memorizing Psalm 91 and I am being so blessed by it every time we share it together. It is a wonderful thing to dwell in that secret place while the world goes rushing by, and the waves rise above my little boat at times, looking very intimidating.

In this life, the enemy of our souls would have us to believe that we can be in control and win. But it is not so. In order to walk with God, we have to give up every ounce of control we have so that He can guide us and show us great and mighty things that we don't know.

In my experience, it is a far, far better thing to let go of the rope and step onto the old ship of Zion than it is to stay onto the dock holding onto the railing for dear life. It is a far, far better thing to walk with God than to stay stuck in unbelief, bitterness and rage against a God who seems to not know what He is doing.

I encourage us to walk by faith and not by sight. And I encourage us to passionately believe that God does all things well. And I encourage us to live unashamedly, unabashedly as His children, praising Him who does have all things in His control.

I am His child. Nothing and no one can take me from His hand.

Hallelujah!

by David Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...