Monday, February 17, 2014

Did You Pray?



I was encouraged by this the other day:

"I wish you could know how much I
have struggled in prayer 
for you and for Laodicea,
and for my many other friends
who have never known me
personally.
This is what I have asked God for you:
that you will be encouraged
and knit together by strong 
ties of love,
and that you will have the
rich experience of knowing Christ
with real certainty and
clear understanding.
For God's secret plan,
now at last made known,
is Christ Himself.
In Him lie hidden all the
mighty, untapped treasures
of wisdom and knowledge."

Col. 2:1-4


I was encouraged.
When I was at Youth Bible School
this fall, I felt the call to come
higher with God in prayer...

Ever since I was born again,
I have valued prayer as the
vital breath of my life to
communicate with my 
Father...
but we go through experiences
to change us from glory to glory,
and God has taught me in
the past few years how to
travail in my soul for those
loved ones who are placed upon my heart.

To help me to go deeper in this
'struggling in prayer' for loved ones,
I set the alarm on my phone to
remind me to stop and pray specifically
for people and situations that God
puts on my heart.

Snow DropsIt's been good.
It keeps me in a constant state of 
dependence of God
as the solver of problems,
the Healer of healers,
and the Miracle worker...
when we are weak
(unable to control situations
or even make them right),
then He is strong.

I recommend it to any 
who are willing
to be 'inconvenienced' 
for the sake
of the Kingdom.

Only eternity will truly reveal
the full harvest of our
'struggling in prayer'
for loved ones.


The reason we do it?
Col. 2:4

"I am saying this 
because I am afraid
that someone may fool you 
with smooth talk..."

The enemy of souls is very busy.
It is imperative that we face
every day prayed up and
on our guard.
Others need Him too.
PRAY.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...