Friday, March 21, 2014

Love One Another...




Recently I was impressed with this thought again,
when a friend asked me just what the purpose
of the Church is, and why there seems to be
so much chaos and confusion surrounding
the Body of Christ.

I thought of Jesus' oft repeated words,
echoed in the letters His disciples wrote
and are recorded in the epistles:

LOVE...
"The world will know you are my
disciples when you love each other."

And I thought of all the hurt and confusion
I have personally known at the hand of
people who profess to know Him,
and I realized that LOVE is often
not understood and therefore not given.

I pondered further...

LOVE
requires me to graciously let 
others have opinions and beliefs,
even if they contradict with the Word.
If I have warned, and admonished in love,
then I am free to let others choose as they will.

LOVE 
doesn't mean I can necessarily
have bosom buddy fellowship with another
if they persist in their foolish choices that
do not line up with the Gospel,
but LOVE does mean that I get to
bless them in ways that I can.

I think that God can work when
 LOVE
 is present.
Love extends grace to all,
and speaks the truth simply,
kindly, but with conviction from the Holy Spirit.

LOVE
means that I lay down my life
for my brothers and sisters.
It means that I extend the hand of
kindness to lift up someone who has fallen.
I don't need to scold them.
The Holy Spirit is capable of convicting them,
and my job is to reach out and lift them up.
(of course, they have to want to get up
in order for positive results to happen).



LOVE
does not speak ill of others
I marvel often at how Jesus 
went through
His days and taught, blessed 
and healed people
but He never spoke ill of them.
You don't hear Him scorning Nicodemus
to His disciples because he cared so much about
his reputation and his standing 
with 'his church'
that he stole thro the shadows
one night to meet with Jesus...
nor do we hear of Jesus speaking ill of
Judas who betrayed Him,
or of Peter who denied Him.
We don't hear of Him rolling His eyes
and muttering to the disciples that
yet another crowd of simpletons
came to hear Him, and they didn't even
think far enough to bring food with them!
I am challenged as I ponder this.

Oh to be like Jesus!
To have His likeness stamped deeply
where satan's has been in my life!

"Let us love one another,
for love is of God."

Truly this is the learning experience
of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...