Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thanksgiving on Thursday...

Thanks be to God...

*that there are still mothers
 who want their children
and are committed to 
their lowly post of
motherhood...

*that there are still fathers 
who choose simple faith
 in the son of God and lead their families accordingly

*that there are Bible schools 
for youth to attend

*that there are still young people 
willing to KNOW Jesus Christ

*that though they seem few and far between,
 there are still godly grandparents
 pouring into their grandchildren's lives

*that there are people willing to
 reach out to the fatherless and 
the widows in their distress

*that there are faithful daughters
 willing to serve 
in their God-given design

*that the sun rises and sets in perfect order every day

*that the beautiful moon and stars hang in space, 
silent witnesses that 
God's in His heaven and
 has my times in His hands

*for the testimony of the righteous that comes 
at unexpected times 
in unexpected places
 to encourage us on our weary way

*that there are still people of the living God, 
who come from every tongue
and nation and people, 
 willing to radically serve Jesus Christ,
 the Lord

*that there are those who lift up
 the hands that hang down and
strengthen the feeble knees

*that the gifts of the Spirit are 
alive and well even today,
in the midst of perversion and 
crumbling churches

*that there is a remnant of God's people,
 even in this generation
with its grossly blatant sin, great confusion 
and falling away from 
the Truth

*that in the midst of loss and grief,
 God speaks and gives direction,
moment by moment.

*that we are given good food 
and a design how to eat to nourish our
bodies and not abuse them

*that the promise of spring still stands 
at the end of this long, cold winter,
as long as the earth remains

I have struggled the past few months with 
a darkness and weariness of soul 
as problems of living abound.
 I am so blessed that there is God...


I wrote in my journal this morning:


"I choose to trust Him, 
no matter what.
 Even though grief is huge and
 I wonder what will happen, 
I choose to trust Him. 
God is good...always. 
I choose praise. 
I choose obedience.
 I choose honor and simple faith, 
though all around my soul gives way. 
I choose to love. 
I choose to care. 
I choose to serve
 and give til it hurts and beyond. 
I choose joy.
 I choose to release wrong doers 
and forgive them.


I choose God."


Lift up your hands with me and sing
for all you are worth, if even in
your soul...

He is God. He is all 
goodness and wisdom.

What more do I need?

Love and blessing to all,
Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...