Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Tunnel...

Tunnel

Recently I was privileged to drive on a mountainous stretch of 
the Pennsylvania turnpike that requires the use of tunnels
through the mountainside at several different places.

As I drove through a tunnel, I thought of how like the
 Christian life it is at times.

We enter places many times that are like tunnels,
we have to go on faith that we will come out of it
sometime, and that we will be alright when we are
through!

There was a center stripe down the middle of the tunnel,
clearly marking the two lanes and pointing the way out.
I thought of this being like the Bible.
As long as we use the Word as God intended it,
it marks a clear path for us to follow.

The tunnel itself I thought of being like Jesus,
providing a way to get through the mountain
of ourselves that we were helpless to navigate
on our own and come out right.

Along the walls, there were 'bumper guards',
and there were signs instructing me
to remove my sunglasses,
and turn on headlights...
 I thought of these being like Holy Spirit warnings.
If I don't heed them, I will most certainly run amiss,
and create a mess that will affect myself and others.

All along the ceiling of these tunnels,
there are lights, providing a way
to see through what otherwise would be
total darkness.
I thought of life.
God never lets us sit in the dark.
Always, if we follow Jesus,
and walk in obedience to the 'signs',
we have enough light for the step ahead of us.

Tunnel exit

Some of these tunnels are fairly long,
long enough that upon entering,
you cannot see the end,
and have to drive in faith that
there is an exit.

So it is in life.
We cannot see the end.
We have to just walk by faith,
and not by sight.

Let us walk in the light of His presence...
For in that light, we can never go astray.

"For ye were sometimes darkness;
but now are ye light in the Lord;
walk as children of the light."

Eph. 5:8




1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful insight, thanks for sharing and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...