Friday, July 18, 2014

Live While You Wait...


"For what is your life?
 It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time,
 and then vanisheath away" 
James 4:14
 Lets us remember this,
 to use our short lives for God's glory alone. 
Let us not waste away,
 waiting for something to happen
 but live our lives for His glory
 right here where He has placed us!! 

I am not sure where I found this quote, 
but it hit home for me.
This is one lesson God has
been teaching me the past few years.
This is my life.
The life I live.
With circumstances I wouldn't choose,
but also blessings beyond measure
that I receive in great mercy
from a God who supplies my every need.

My thoughts ran similar to these
yesterday as I spent the day potting
summer container gardens,
and just really enjoyiing the day.
It was my "escape to the hills"
moment that was much needed
after a few intense weeks.
As I finished the day,
I thought of how restful it is
when we simply bow ourselves
under the mighty hand of God
and let Him make of our lives
whatever He will,
whatever brings Him the most glory.

Sure, I will always be deeply disturbed
by what is wrong and evil...
I will be broken with what breaks God's heart,
but in many ways I have come to a place
of just being...
because I refuse to live my life 
bitter at what was that should not have been
and angry over what isn't that should be.



People for centuries have been abused,
neglected, mistreated, etc.
It is the way of this old, sinful world.
True followers of Christ in these centuries
have chosen to follow the path of Jesus,
the way of death that brings LIFE.
They didn't cry JUSTICE
for themselves,
and reached out to help those in need,
no matter the circumstance,
wherever God called them.
They chose love and peace with all men,
as much they could.
They chose forgiveness.
They chose to serve Him wherever He 
called them to,
no matter how thorn infested
or lush
the vineyard they were sent to.

Just some thoughts circling 'round my heart
the past while as I soberly
ponder my own life decisions
and choices
and where they have brought me
and will take me...

I am so thankful that we serve a God
who is constantly mercifully
changing us from glory to glory.

Happy day to all.
Marcia



(as we sang this song in church on Sunday,
I thought of how 'dangerous' is this prayer
for the flesh. So many times we get put
where we would never have chosen to be,
and called to do work we would not
pick to do ourselves because it
isn't glamorous and pleasing to
personal tastes or wants. I thought
as we sang, how very wise of God
to do this...He needs us to be
in certain places, and if we got to 
be and do everything WE want to
then we wouldn't bring Him much
glory, would we?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...