Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Born to New Life...



My soul leaps at words such as this:
"John the baptist said, "I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:" (Luke 3:16). This baptism of the Holy Spirit and celestial fire is the only thing that can make fallen men into heavenly creatures. It's not a theory that is opened to be examined and criticized by carnal reasoning, but is the literal birth of a new life that is kindled within our soul, by Jesus, when we give Him the place to bring it forth in us by turning our whole heart to God. Knowing about something is not the same as possessing it. There are many who think they are saved and possess the Heavenly Life because they've professed to believe in Jesus and have acquired some degree of Bible knowledge, but whoever has not yet turned their whole heart to God and denied their own pride, lust, envy, and wrath to make place for their soul to be immersed in the Holy Spirit and Heavenly fire are just as lost and in the dark as they ever were."

From "Wholly His" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...