Friday, February 13, 2015

In Our Homes...

"We need to
 guard against 
sins of omission 
in our home life.
 We should make sure that no one of 
our own household 
can ever say to us, 
"I was hungry-hearted and you gave me 
no bread. 
I was thirsty
 for affection and 
you gave me no drink.
 I was a stranger at 
your door, and you
 took me not into 
love's warmth and shelter. 
I was sick of the 
world's emptiness, vanity, and sorrow, 
and you visited me 
not. I was in
 prison in my 
narrow environment, and you did not 
come to me with 
the companionship 
that I craved. 
Living by my side 
all these years, 
you did not do love's duty to me."

 ~J.R. Miller in The Transfigure Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...