Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Preparing...



"Every day is another day of spiritual preparation,
another day of testing and discipline
with our heavenly destination in mind...

...when the new birth is real
and the wonder of regeneration
has taken place,
then comes the lifetime of
preparation
with the guidance
of the Holy Spirit."

A. W. Tozer

"Always bearing about in the body the dying
of the Lord Jesus Christ
that the life also of Jesus
might be made manifest.

2 Cor. 4:10

I don't know about you,
but I get very tired of trouble and hardship.
I long for eternal bliss,
endless sunshine and roses,
where Jesus is the light
and where worship and singing
is to be had all the day long
without any flesh or sin curse to
interrupt.

I also am old enough to know
better than to expect instant
sanctification...
instant 'sainthood'...
that the journey with Christ,
and it's benefits and character
qualities do not come with
a drive thru window and
an instant pain reliever.



No...I'm in it for the long haul,
and I appreciate the fact that
greater is He that is in me,
than he that is in the world.

But I do look forward to
my heavenly home.
And until then,
I'll do what it takes to
let Him prepare me.

Love and blessings to you all,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...