Friday, June 19, 2015

Be Anxious For Nothing...



Said the robin to the sparrow,
“I should really like to know,
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.”
Said the sparrow to the robin,

“Friend I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father,
Such as cares for you and me.”

Elizabeth Cheney 



This morning I feel privileged to have taken a break
from cleaning my house to listen to this sermon:

part 24
by Zac Poonen



If you can, please listen to it.
It's about the sin of anxiety and how
 that really is an insult to God.

I really went on a trip down
memory lane as Bro. Zac spoke,
thinking about the various situations
I've walked through, 
and how through all of them,
as I sought God,
He brought me to a place of
trusting Him with a 
child-like faith.
I know that when
I look at God as my
FATHER,
my Daddy, my Abba
 I am not anxious,
because I know He will keep me.

We go through tough times.
Friends betray us.
Our children get sick.
Close friends contract cancer,
and some of them die before
it seems it was their time.
The bills look higher than
the pay check.
Congregations we are part of
crumble and fail.
Rain keeps falling on fields
that need to be cultivated.

"Do not be anxious.
In everything, by prayer and
supplication, let your requests
be made known to God."

He knows how to take care of us.
Can we rest in that?!

Love and blessings, 
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...