Monday, July 6, 2015

Cabbage Roll Soup

After browsing Pinterest 
this afternoon, 
I found a recipe for
 Cabbage Roll Soup
 that looked fabulous 
and fit my dietary choices
 at the moment, 
so I made my own version of it 
for supper tonite.



Cabbage Roll Soup

About half lb ground beef, 
browned and seasoned
2 onions, chopped

Add 4 cups chopped green cabbage
4 c water or beef broth
4 cups crushed tomatoes 
or juice 
1 T salt
1 T soy sauce
1 T dried oregano
1 T dried bell pepper seasoning 
I had on the shelf
2 T sugar
Simmer til cabbage is soft. 

Add 4 c cooked brown rice.

Serve with grated Parmesan,
 if desired.

The whole family gave their 
enthusiastic endorsement 
to this recipe, so I felt I accomplished something! :) 
You cooks in families know how it can be sometimes,
to hit a recipe the whole family raves over.

I hope you enjoy this recipe, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...