Tuesday, August 25, 2015

In Quietness and Confidence...


My heart echoes these words loudly!
I have made this the goal of my life
for many years, through thick and thin,
over hill and dale,
through stormy weather and calm.

As a homemaker, 
I am also a keeper of the home.
It is my duty to keep my heart
with all diligence,
because out of it flow the issues of life.
If I do not appreciate my calling,
and pine for another calling
outside my home,
it shows.

If I do not daily lay aside the petty cares,
the selfish wishes,
the fleshly 'lusts that war against the soul',
including the 'lust' to have others
love me as I wish to be loved,
it stacks up and I do not become
the woman of God that He has called me to be.

Home.
Would it not be so wonderful
if that word would invoke
warm thoughts and a longing to be there
in the hearts of all those who should
hear it from our households,
no matter their age,
no matter where they are?
I surely hope that it does so to my family.

To keep the home peaceful
I have found that as the keeper of my home,
I need to be prayed up,
and continually moving forward with the Lord,
as He sanctifies me in my words and in my thoughts.

To hold onto selfishness
only results in discord and unrest 
in my home.

After a bike ride recently...
Let us choose to let Him write His thoughts upon our hearts,
and walk by faith in the places He calls us to.
He is faithful.
And will do exceeding abundantly
above ALL that we could ask or think.
If we honor Him,
He honors us in ways beyond
understanding and comprehension 
sometimes!

"In quietness and confidence
shall be your strength."


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...