Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Lessons from a Campfire...

Wood has to actually come into
contact with the Fire 
in order to burn.

Fire changes the wood,
allowing it to be useful to
 produce warmth,
light, and to
 prepare nourishment
to satisfy hunger.

Fire has to be ignited 
by another Source,
but it can only
continue as long
as it is fed.

So it is in our walk with Christ.
Unless the Fire of the Holy Spirit
ignites my heart, and I 
offer myself in surrender of self
to remain lit by that Fire,
it will go out.

a cheeseburger Mountain Pie in the clean open air
of Watkins Glen, NY

When that Fire burns hot in the soul,
through obedience to God
the preaching of the Cross,
and reading His Word with a quest
to follow Christ,
it moves my heart to feed the hungry
 spiritually and physically,


to rescue the oppressed,
to visit the sick and the fatherless,
to seek the sinner and draw him to Christ,
to pray in situations that I see that need God,
and to burn away the selfishness that would 
insist on creeping into and governing my life.

Sure, it hurts but it is a good hurt,
because it yields the peaceable fruits
of righteousness.
I would not live any other way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...