Thursday, September 3, 2015

Currently...(1)

I am watching:

The Widowmaker (a documentary about heart disease and interesting, while not helpful in teaching viewers how to prevent the disease by diet)

All That Jesus Taught, part 54 by Zac Poonen on Youtube

Little House on the Prairie with the family for old time's sake

I am working on:
wrapping up my big Back-to-Eden garden prep for next summer
mulching my little kitchen garden (turning it over to Back-to-Eden as well)
watering and tending my little fall veggie garden
getting my wardrobe in order for fall/winter

I am reading:
Love Does by Bob Goff (good stuff!)
Little House in the Big Woods to the family several evenings a week (what fun to read wintry stories on the front porch at the end of summer!)

I am really despising:
false nutritional teaching flooding social media and life these days (we'll do anything to keep our Standard American Diet!)

pantry moths that threaten to eat me out of house and home! I think we have the upper hand on them currently!

the brokenness of this world (Lord, I'm willing but the brokenness makes me stagger sometimes!)

I am looking forward to:
an ice cream social we are hosting on Saturday, Lord willing. Should be fun with lots of outdoor games, mountain pies, and an ice cream buffet (we're sanctifying it with lots of fresh veggies and fruit and trying to keep the rest of the food as healthy as we can as well!). We are having loads of fun prepping for this social to be held on our lawns.

autumn's color and cooler temps

I am learning about:
Back-to-Eden gardening
Aspberger's Syndrome
being the parent to one newly turned adult

I am remembering:
my Uncle John with a joyful heart that he left a sterling testimony of loving Jesus before he passed on to eternity a year and a half ago

I am thankful:
for a husband who cares more about people than he does about his reputation or his personal life, and is willing to be late for supper if it means giving a young friend some premarital advice that will hopefully help him on down thru the years of marriage if God tarries

for the many jars of tomatoes and cucumbers lining the shelves and waiting in boxes for a busy mama friend we did some canning for besides our own stuff

for energy and good health. A year ago, I was really struggling with PCOS depression and low energy from a stressful summer. A year later, I am well and so very thankful, and seem to be almost completely healed from PCOS, thanks to apple cider vinegar, a clean diet and learning how to relate better to stress that I cannot avoid (all God's gifts to answer my prayers for healing)

I hope to: go biking and hiking more yet this fall before the snows fly

I am loving:
watching my daughters each enthusiastically  making their way through a long list of books to read, books that both feed their souls as well as broaden their horizons. How wonderful to have such a blessing available!

my container gardens that I had so much fun filling earlier in the season. Most of them have outdone themselves in blooming profusely, bringing many happy moments to my heart as I see them daily.

the answers that God is giving in response to desperate cries for help in some situations we were facing. He truly gives wisdom and is a refuge to those who come to Him for help and rescue.

Now it's your turn! I'd love to see your answers in my comments, if you care to take the time to contribute. Just put the headings there with your own answers, if you wish to participate. Looking forward to hearing from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...