Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Hear His Voice...

There are many things
that vie for my attention.
Good things.
Honest things.
Important things.
Things that someone
should be doing.

But...
if God does not 
call me to it,
then I am learning 
that no matter
who says or thinks
I should be
doing
or selling
or buying
or going
or coming
or writing
or reading
or anything...
I will only fill the spots God calls me to.
We do well to remember that we are not
called primarily
to fix things or to fill spots.
We are called to follow Jesus.
We are called to be in a vibrant, living relationship
with the King of kings.
Everything else in life is secondary to that.

Work is needful.
And work is going to be part of our lives.
But I know that I, for one,
do not want to have any part of anything
that I have not been called to do.

Following Jesus and living vibrantly in Him
ensures that we will know clearly what
He is calling us to 
and what He is not.



In that I rest.
And because of Him,
I am blessed to see Him
at work in the lives
of fellow believers,
gifting them to do the 
work He calls them to
that He didn't call me to.

In this is peace.
Perfect peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...