Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Redeemed...and Surrendered


I was invited to participate in a 10-day Scripture-sharing challenge 
on Facebook last week,
and this Scripture was from day four.
I sit and I ponder that verse.
And I go back through the years...
years of sweet fellowship with Jesus,
but years of being misunderstood
because of Him.
Years of seeking Him wholeheartedly
and finding Him very real and very much
the Answer to all that I've ever walked through.

He has certainly redeemed my life from destruction
and crowned me with lovingkindness and 
tender mercies.
I bless Him.

Did He remove the relationships that are hard
and seemingly impossible to deal with 
because of the 'Berlin Wall' between us
that I did not erect?
No. But He has certainly taught me
alot about grace and waiting and 
being content with life as it is
while walking purposefully with Him.

Did He immediately heal me of my physical illnesses,
so that I was not plagued by them ever again?
No. I went on to struggle for 10 years through a 
slower process of healing because He was teaching me
things that I needed to know for myself and for
the generations that shall come after.

Did He immediately take away all
my 'besetting sins' so that I never had to
struggle with them again?
No. My sins were forgiven and remembered no more,
after I came in repentant faith to Christ,
but He has much sanctifying to do in me!
I have so many things to yield and give to Him
day by day, but my I can honestly say
that the best way to live is 
WHOLEHEARTEDLY sold out 
for Jesus Christ!!!!
I do not regret making that decision 
14 1/2 years ago...
I had much to learn along the way,
but my heart has consistently remained 
at peace with God since the day
I turned my life over to Him.
It is so much easier to do life
when we get ourselves out of the way!
And the deep peace in my heart is 
something I want to hold onto as long
as I walk this old, sinful earth.

Why do I write this post?
Because I hear the cries of youth.
I sit with them in the counsel rooms at
Bible school.
I get their messages on my computer.
I get their texts on my phone.
I hear their heart cry...
I hear the wants,
the broken dreams,
the deep desires in their hearts
for satisfaction and for rest.

I feel compelled to share
that when you completely turn
your life over to the One
who died for you and 
Who knows best how you must
live your life,
life has meaning and purpose 
like never before.

When we are wholly His,
then we can walk through anything
and not be moved...
we can reach out and get our hands dirty
in other people's messiness,
and live free from our own selfishness.

We will not be free of pain.
No. That is not reality on earth.
But living in surrender
is like saying "Thank you"
to God every single day
for redemption,
that beautiful gift that we are 
given for a situation that we
could never have helped ourselves in.



by the Esh family singers

Love and blessings,
Marcia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...