Wednesday, January 13, 2016

When Troubles Rise and Storms Appear...


So when the strong winds of January blow across the land,
blowing the cover off the calf barn,


requiring the poor Farmer to go out there with his employees
in said strong freezing winds
to repair the damage, 

The Farmer's wife ponders what she can do to help her poor darling out, and she gets in for walking out in the freezing wind to observe the project,
bringing coffee to the cold men,
and then makes a "comfort food supper" for the Farmer...and I pause to ponder.

 I think that when our hearts are in the right place, it sure helps for us to be able to be 'instant in season and out of season' like Paul admonishes in one of his epistles (Romans?). There was a day that I would have seen yesterday as a huge interruption. I did not appreciate farming (still don't like some kinds of farming but I do appreciate that farmers can impact the world in a good way!)

I am deeply grateful that God
in His mercy and love
reached down from heaven
and changed my heart...
and what a hard heart it was!
Oh my, when I think of
the struggles I went through
as I was being broken.

I am so thankful He stuck to it
and kept working on me to 
bring me to that place of
complete brokenness.

And I am so thankful that
my darling Farmer
stuck it out too and so
kindly allowed me
to struggle...
that was a gift of love
to be sure!

We approach our 20th wedding anniversary,
and I find myself pondering where He's
brought us from and where we could be
if we had not decided to follow
JESUS.

I warn you now...
I'm about to turn 40
and I'm about to have a 
20th wedding anniversary
with the man I love...
You might be subjected to 
more blog posts on
marriage and entering
new seasons of life...

But then again,
I suppose you don't have 
to stop to read them if
you get tired of them 
:-)

Happy winter to all.
(I'm so glad that we got this far
in the Fingerlakes of NY without
much cold and snow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...