Friday, May 13, 2016

What Matters Most...

6 reminds from all 6 chapters of galatians:

This past while the Lord has had me reading thru the book of Acts,
which I admit was a bit difficult at first because it reopened
deep disturbances in me when I compare the church then
to the majority of people in churches now...
and I have wept and also been inspired as I read thru Acts.
My heart cry as I finished up that book was,

"Lord, let me be a part of the Body as you designed 
for me as your child to be."

And then He pressed on my heart to read Galatians.
I read that whole book in a few days this week
and I've been disturbed and inspired again.
How many people who claim Christ as their Savior
do not really live His life?!
There is much religion and controlling of men going on
these days, just as there was back then with 
the Jews insisting that all the Christians still
follow all their laws or else they wouldn't be right.

NO. God calls us to faith in Jesus Christ
which results in us changing our direction of travel
which brings forth a bountiful harvest of
the fruit of the Spirit.
Paul was so concerned by the false teachers in
the midst of the precious people he had taught.
He sums up his burden at the end of Galatians by
reminding us that what matters most is that
we are changed into new and different people
by Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

Are you a child of God?
Really?
Are you changed by Him?
Are you catty and petty, ruining
relationships (Galatians 5:15) with
 your criticism
and your choice to control
others with your expectations
and rudeness when they are not met?
OR...
have you embraced the summary of
the whole Law by loving others as
you love yourself?

Are you claiming Christ as your life and
that you are part of His body?
Really?
Have you chosen to control others who 
choose a different administration and
application than you have and refuse to
regard them with respect and kindness?
I know far too many 'Christians' who
get caught up in this kind of trap.

Are you claiming that you are a
disciple and follower of Jesus Christ?
Really?
Check the fruit in your life.
According to Jesus and confirmed
in Galatians 5, you tell others by
the fruit in your life who you really serve.

Are you claiming that you are His witness?
Really?
Are you looking for honors and popularity,
which lead to hard feelings and jealousy?
According to Galatians 5, if we are living
by the Holy Spirit's power, we will walk by His
leading and thus will not need to look
for the approval of others
and we certainly won't be jealous of others.

Bible App Verse of the Day 1/23/16 | I really needed the whole chapter of Galatians 5 today, and God put it right in my path even when I didn't KNOW what I needed... Even if you don't often read the bible, would you at least read Galatians 5 today? It's very encouraging.:

I am not questioning your Christianity.
I am asking myself these questions, too.
They are important.

God gave us amazing freedom in Christ.
No bondage to arbitrary rules and
adding to the Bible in order to be right.
Freedom.
Not to sin, according to Galatians 5,
but to love and serve the Lord and others.

What a great book to read from
the Book of books.
I highly encourage you to read it today.

Let us go forth and be changed by Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...