Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Adopted...

Rooted In Thyme: ~Wheelbarrow Miniature Garden and Simple & Sweet Fridays~:

This morning I was privileged to attend an adoption of a young lady by
a family in my local congregation.
I 'fell apart' in the court room, thinking of how someone did that for me
one day nearly 40 years ago, giving me a new name and welcoming
me into their home.

And then I thought of how I have been privileged to receive
adoption not only once, but twice.
God does this for each of us who come to Him in Jesus' name
repenting and turning from our wicked ways.
He adopts us into His family and gives us a new name.

Lexi was concerned this morning that she won't know how to
spell her new name as she is only 6 and her new last name is
"BURKHOLDER", quite a bit longer than the name she is
used to spelling.
But I am sure her parents and siblings will show her how to
spell her new name and she will practice writing it on
her school papers over the years and she will
learn how to spell it with ease and appreciate it.

So it is in our walk with God.
We do not come knowing how to 
"spell our names" in his family and in the new life
that He gives us.
But His plan is that we will be discipled
(read the last half of the Great Commission
in Matthew 28:19) and that we will have
hearts that are new and desire to learn of Him.

#Adoption #Bible verse:

I am thankful that my parents taught me how to live 
in the family they gave me.
I am also grateful for the disciplers who answered 
God's call to 'go' and be that in my life over the years.

I leave you with this encouragement:
Be part of God's family. 
It is the BEST family to be in.
AND please receive instruction
and learn of Him so that you
can go out into the fields white unto harvest
and be a reaper til He comes.

Love and blessings,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...