Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Eternity is Near...



My maternal grandmother passed on to eternity a week ago. 
She was in her lower 90's.
I have memories of my grandmother teaching me
good, old-fashioned homemaking skills that have 
blessed me through all my own homemaking years...
I have felt blessed by this over the years,
and appreciate that I was taught well in 
domestic skills by both my Grandma and my Mom.

As death has touched us in a very real way afresh,
I find myself pondering...
What is a life?
What defines success?
When I get to the end of the way,
I only want one thing:
to see Jesus and hear Him say "Well done".
To achieve this success, I need to make 
Him a very real and central theme of my life now.
I have done that.
Every day it matters more to me
that I have loved God and loved others
most of all.
I am not perfect but I try to be faithful.

I am grateful that God has outlined for us
the way to eternal life.
John 17:3:
"And this is eternal life, that they might
know thee, the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

To know Him means I must follow Him.
To know Him, I must lay aside earthly pursuit that
is dragging me away from spending time with Him
both in learning at His feet and in obeying His commands.

To know Him means that I will love Him and His Way
more than anything else in the whole wide world.
And there is no way that I can love Him and be wholly His
and not be changed by Him.

Do you know Him?
He outlines in His word the way to know Him.
Repent (be sorry for and turn from your wicked sinfulness)
and obey Him.
He does miracles when we choose this.
Miracles that I cannot even describe in words!

It's totally worth it.
And I know that if I live this way,
I will get to the end of my days and 
hear Him say,
"Well done."
And I will be humbled and grateful
because it's only because of Him that
one can even live a changed life.

Make your calling and election sure today
while there is time!



Love and blessings,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...