Thursday, June 2, 2016

Learning to Labor and to Wait...

Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;  (Romans 12:9-10):

What's on my heart these days?
ALOT.
I've been pondering some things deeply,
especially grieved with the
way many of God's people
walk through life controlling others
out of their fear of  the unknown 
or because they don't know how to
accept "differences in administration."

My thots may seem random but trust me,
in true 'spaghetti brain' fashion, they do connect.

I read about not just pretending to love others...
so I think...
I choose by God's grace to love those who are
disrespecting me and my family.
Choosing is not pretending.
It's not putting on a front. 
It's reaching out to receive the life of Christ
and laying down my own fleshly life
that would react out of hurt and anger.
So I can be genuinely loving 
when I CHOOSE Christ.

I read in 1 Peter 3:8-18:
"You should be like one, big, happy family,
full of sympathy toward each other,
loving one another with tender hearts
and humble minds.
Don't repay evil for evil.
Don't snap back at those who say 
unkind things about you.
Instead, pray for God's help for them,
for we are to be kind to others,
and God will bless us for it.
If you want a happy, good life,
keep control of your tongue,
and guard your lips from telling lies.
Turn away from evil and do good.
Try to live in peace even if you
must run after it to catch and hold it!
For the Lord is watching his children,
listening to their prayers;
but the Lord's face is hard 
against those who do evil.
Usually no one will hurt you for wanting
to do good.
But even if they should, you are envied
for God will reward you for it.
Quietly trust yourself to Christ
your Lord
and if anybody asks why you believe
as you do,
be ready to tell him, and do it in a 
gentle and respectful way.
Do what is right; 
then if men speak against you,
calling you evil names,
they will become ashamed of themselves
for falsely accusing you
when you have only done what is good.
Remember,
if God wants you to suffer, it is better
to suffer for doing good than for
doing wrong.
Christ also suffered..."

And my heart is at peace.
I do not even try to understand
the things that happen on this earth.
I have seen and experienced
shocking things in the Christian world
and wonder...
but I am at peace and I embrace
the life He gives me.
I acknowledge that He is good
and that nothing is allowed into my life
without purpose.

I am glad that I serve a God who
knows all things as they truly are.
I am glad that I do not need to figure things out
but that I just need to 'be' in Christ...
no pretending,
no fighting others needed,
no lifting myself up to be known
of others,
no understanding needed
before I obey the simple words
of the Holy Book.

My God supplies all my needs.
I don't need to wend my way through 
life reacting loudly and trying to
demand my rights.
I want to be like Jesus.

:

I have work to do.
There is not time to waste
freaking out that others
are out of their place
and doing things that are not
in God's plan in the simplicity
that is in Christ...
I have things to be up and doing
'with a heart for any fate'
every single day that He gives me breath.
Life is too precious to waste
on nursing hurts, holding grudges and
feeling sorry for myself that 
my weaker brother/sister cannot
let me live in peace without
being used of the devil to
ruffle my feathers sometimes.
I am 'learning to labor and to wait'
and the key, I'm finding, is to
be in CHRIST alone...
finding hope in Him and not
trying to make people
be who only He can be.
That frees me up to serve and to love,
to have humility and compassion,
and to not get all riled up when
things happen that are
shocking and like cold water
dumped on my  head,
taking my breath away for a second.

May the Lord Jesus be our everything
all the days of our lives.
Those days are a gift from Him.
They are given to us for a purpose:
to know Him and to make Him known.
I do not want to miss that purpose
because I'm distracted by
the nonsense of others.

Law Enforcement Wife | Law enforcement wife | Things I Love:

When someone takes my 'rights' away,
I want to simply go dig another well.
I will speak for the defenseless,
and I will stand in the gap for the oppressed,
but I will quietly go dig another well
like Isaac did and not fight back
when my well is taken.

That's my ramble this morning
after weeks of thinking and praying
and pondering life and it's 
many twists and turns.

These thoughts are born from 
experiences I've walked thru in life
and from listening to others of
God's people sharing the shocking 
things that happen at times
in the circles of people
who claim Christianity.

I know that He has many things to teach me.
These are some of what I've been learning.

Love and blessings,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...