Friday, September 2, 2016

Healing Comes Through Loving...


Recently, my husband preached a sermon at church...his thoughts on the common
problem that has been around in churches for generations...the problem of trying
to climb up into the sheepfold of God by some other way than by the 
blood of Jesus Christ...
This manifests itself in myriads of ways, from trying to earn salvation
by worshiping traditions and thus controling people through
trying to force them to dress a certain way or to practice a certain way
in things that God clearly allows 'differences in administration' in,
to indifference and saying that God will accept me and I don't have to
walk His way in order for me to be saved.

One thing that really stood out to me was sort of a 'rabbit trail'
thought as he was reading Isaiah 58. In the NLT it really stood out to me.
When we give our lives to God and in our love and devotion to Him,
we dedicate our days to tending the broken and needy in our lives,
then we ourselves are healed.

I have looked back alot the past few weeks as that Scripture came to me.
And it's true...when I chose to lay down my life and give over to God
 all the hurts and sorrows from trauma and grief I experienced,
then God brought to my life those who needed me to be
brave and loving...
my husband, my children, relatives, friends, young people...
and there were many days that I felt stretched
beyond what I was able to give because of my own
painful feelings, but I consistently kept on loving and giving.
And you know what? God healed me. I don't know exactly when
it happened. I can't say what the time frame was when I finally
FELT healed...
but I do know that Isaiah 58 is true...
first because God said it and also be cause I've experienced it.

So today, I want to encourage anyone who feels torn up
inside because of life's trauma and pain...
whether it's from the death of a loved one,
or the shattering pain of being rejected by loved ones,
or because you have been despised by others,
or because you have decided to follow Jesus
in the simplicity that He brings but your church
doesn't agree that you are on the right track and are
treating you rudely...

I know those times are soul crushing and
can be extremely painful.
Can you hear me when I say...
healing comes from loving God and loving others?
One day at a time.
One moment at a time...
quietly giving your cares to Jesus,
and don't dump them out in frustration 
on others....
"In quietness and confidence shall be your strength."



If you would like prayer, or someone to share with,
feel free to leave a message on this post. It will
not publish but I will see it and will be glad to pray for you
or share more with  you if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...