Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Story Behind the Song...



I thought I'd start a new series and share stories behind the songs or song writers
we love and know. The inspiration for this series idea and the story I will share with you today came from a sermon I was listening to the other morning while 'treadmilling'. Alistair Begg was preaching from 2 Tim. 2, and he emphasized the thot that Paul made that our strength does not come from within ourselves but from the Father who planned our lives. He went on to share the following song and the story of its author...







"When we've reached the end of our hoarded resources,
Our Father's full giving has only begun"...

These words especially grab me when I listen to this song.
It's a natural thing for us to try to do things on our own strength.
But when we finally become weak and out of resources,
then can He be strong in us.

I don't know about you,
but I've tried that 'do it myself' bit enough time
to know that I don't want to live that way...
My prayer is that I will daily keep my 'slate' clean
before God so that I may hear His slightest whisper,
and not get distracted by what I THINK
should happen, or how I should do something,
but instead simply wait on direction from God,
then go ahead and promptly do it,
not stopping to process it thru
human reasoning...
no matter the sorrow, pain, or situation.

HE GIVETH MORE GRACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...