Friday, May 12, 2017

That Others May See...


The many workings of God I will only ever see 'thru a glass darkly' 
on this side of eternity.
But something really stood out to me when I read this
 Psalm on this quote card one day this week, 
and then it popped up again in the "Praise Him Anyway" reading challenge
 that our family is doing several nites a week.

If I have been rescued from a pit and my feet have 
been set on a rock
and I have a firm foundation on which to stand,
this puts a song in my heart and I praise the Lord.
It's obvious in the last two lines of this Psalm
that the praise will radiate from my life and my mouth
because other people will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in Him.

This sentiment is echoed in the Sermon on the Mount
where Jesus tells us to let our lights shine before men
'that they may see your good works and glorify
your Father which is in heaven'.

The purpose of people noticing the change in me?
SO that they may be reminded of Who is calling them
to repentance and a new life.

Nothing new here. But fresh thots that blessed my heart deeply.
Let us go forth in full and glad surrender,
loving the Lord and knowing Him.
We have a God who yearns to have us follow him fully,
and who has commissioned us to be witnesses that
Jesus lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...