Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Of Seasons...

Seasons...
they come and go.
Some are light and happy, making you feel like
twirling down a hill, the breeze in your hair.
Some are filled with sorrow and mourning,
or devastation and distress, whether from
disappointment or enemy attacks, and
tears seem to 'flow all the night long'.
 
Seasons...
our times are in God's hands.
If we are daughters of the King,
we need not fear anything.
Our names are written in the palm of His hands,
and NO ONE can separate us
from His love.
Nor do we need to be ashamed of it
when we are in the season of mourning
and others don't seem to understand why.
We may just be needing to be broken
with what breaks God's heart,
and find sweet fellowship in the wilderness
with Jesus, the Ultimate Friend
who sticks closer than
any person ever could.
 
Seasons...
it is my desire to live simply...
to look into the face of my Father,
and know that I am His child,
and a vessel to be used in His hands
in whatever way,
in whatever state,
with whatever gifts
He chooses for me.

My life is not my own.
I have been bought with a price.

Jesus gave His all.
I can give Him my all.

Seasons...
they come and go.
They are not governed by time
as man governs times.
They are created and given by the
Master of the Seasons...
the Creator of the Universe,
Lord of heaven and earth,
Master of the seas...

I will walk by faith and not by sight.
Because my name is written in the palm of His hand.

Seasons...
every one a place to worship and honor
the Master of the seasons.
Each one a time for me to set aside
my own personal goals and desires
to take up my cross daily
and to follow Him.

What dreams I have I must keep surrendering to Him.
He knows my days better than I do and it is in my
best interest to let Him have His way with my life.

I would rather get to the end of my life not having
done what I had once dreamed of doing,
and missing what I had hoped to include in my life,
with the calm assurance that I had done with my life
what HE had planned for me to do.

The end will be sweeter if I do this.
And so will the journey along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...