Friday, April 19, 2013

Chastening...

He remembers our frame and knows that we are dust. He may sometimes chasten us, it is true, but even this He does with a smile, the proud, tender smile of a Father who is bursting with pleasure over an imperfect but promising son who is coming every day to look more and more like the One whose child he is.
 
 
A W Tozer
 
"My (daughter), despise not thou the chastening of the Lord,
nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
 
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth,
and scourgeth every (daughter) whom he receiveth.
 
If ye endure chastening,
God dealeth with you as with (daughters);
for what (daughter) is (she) whom the father chasteneth not?
 
Hebrews 12:5-7
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...