Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday






My God And I

My God and I go in the field together;
We walk and talk as good friends should and do;
We clasp our hands, our voices ring with laughter;
My God and I walk through the meadow's hue.
We clasp our hands, our voices ring with laughter;
My God and I walk through the meadow's hue.

He tells me of the years that went before me
When heavenly plans were made for me to be;
When all was but a dream of dim reflection;
To come to life, earth's verdant glory see.
When all was but a dream of dim reflection;
To come to life, earth's verdant glory see.

My God and I will go for aye together,
We'll walk and talk just as good friends do;
This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly.
This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
I thought of this song on Sunday as my family and I walked
out 'to the back forty' and the woods that surrounds the
back part of our property.

 
 
 
 
As I breathed in the invigorating spring air,
 
 
and heard the birdsong of my feathered friends
flitting from tree to tree,
my heart filled with deep, reverent thankfulness
to the One who pulled me out of the horrible pit of sin
and set my feet upon the Rock.
 
 
 
I am so very thankful for good health to be able to
walk with my family and enjoy their company on
outings such as these.
 
I felt (and am) so very, very blessed.
 

Earlier that day, as we drove up the road,
coming home from church,
I glimpsed our big old farmhouse in the distance,
a silent witness to two centuries of
memories...
some of them happy,
some of them sad,
all of them known to Him who created those of us
who have lived here.
 
A deep thankfulness washes over me~to be blessed to be part
of the history of this beautiful old farmhouse.


 
(Come by to visit us if you like. We will drink tea together...)
 
 
 
MountainsJust that very morning, a huge mountain surrounding someone
over whom I have wept and prayed for 12 years
moved in a mighty way and it happened so
'effortlessly' on God's part that I am in much awe.

 
My God is real.
My God is able.
My God works miracles even today
on a timeless table that reflects eternity,
 not constrained by Time as we know it on Earth.
 
I am both humbled and honored to call Him my Father.
 


2 comments:

  1. I'll come for tea!!! Miss you so much, dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna...I would L.O.V.E. that! Maybe soon?!
    Love and miss you too,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...