Friday, April 26, 2013

We've a Story to Tell...

I have long appreciated the writings of Leonard Ravenhill, a prophetic voice calling the sleeping, weak and sickly church to arise and go forth in the full power and transformation that Jesus came to bring.

Here is an excerpt from his book, "Sodom Had No Bible" that really hit me the first time I read it 3 years ago, and again this morning when I read it again. I ask myself and all of us:

Is the story your life tells one that brings hope to those that are dead in trespasses and sins, shouting out that He is risen and has the answers to everthing?

Read this brother's challenge and let it grip your heart:

"'We've a story to tell to the nations that shall turn our hearts to the right'
'Is your story true?' asks a critical world as it gazes on the stultified
Church of this day.
'Is it transforming? Is it the answer to our modern dilemma?'
From the throats of burning martyrs comes back the answer:
 
'We gave our lives because Christ's blood
 is able to save
and transform to the uttermost.'
 
Karl Marx once wrote:
'Philosophers have only interpreted the world
differently; the point is, however, to change it.'
 
And none but Jesus Christ
can change the world.
None but those who have experienced salvation
can carry a contagious message of life.
It is the saved who are to herald
the good news to the lost.
 
Thronging our streets or hiding from reality are,
as Russel Mast says,
'beared eccentrics, lost and lonely,'
plus millions of unsaved church members.
To reach these souls is not the work of hired preachers
who have a flair for the sensational.
 
To reach them is the work of
every born-again soul who knows the
forgiveness of sins and the
 mighty moral and spiritual
transformation by
the Holy Ghost.
 
Dr. Tozer's barbed words, written years ago
have been my traveling companions around the world:
'Since the fall of man, the earth has been a disaster area;
and everyone lives with a critical emergency.'
Yet many believers live as if this world were
a playground
instead of a
battleground.'"
(bold type mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...