Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday...

What a blessed woman I am! Several years into a walk of repentance from loving and accumulating the things of earth in an inordinate way, I have desired to purge my house of excess. As God moves me into a deeper sense of the responsibilities He has placed on my life, I have had this deep desire to remove the things that sit collecting dust and distract me from my work. With homeschooling and other duties, it seemed this huge project kept being pushed to the back burner...



Until this week when a very dear friend, a sweet little sister to me, came to my house. What a huge mountain is being lifted as she helps me get this old house emptied of its excess! I am astounded at what a woman with youthful zeal (and without distractions!) can get accomplished in so short a time!

My heart fills with gratitude at the blessing of the Lord to send me this sweet one!










~The view from my window~
 
I am also blessed
by clean windows
(thanks to my daughter, Angela).
What a joy
to look out the
sparkling panes
to enjoy the beauty of spring in my yard.

For these, and more,
I thank you Lord!
 
 
"If my people, which are called by my name,
shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face,
and turn from their wicked ways;
then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
 
(1 Chronicles 7:14)


PS:
I know I'm a day late in posting this Thanksgiving on Thursday post
but I was waiting on a final picture/working computer to download it
to. :-) I decided to go ahead and post today from yesterday.

"With thanksgiving I'll be a living missionary for You, LORD".

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...