Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Spirit of Grace and of Power

Sinning and repenting, sinning and repenting, being forgiven over and over for the same sins does not sound like the kind of Good News I know from God's Word and personal experience.

Do I ever stumble and fall into sin? Yes, to my deep regret and sorrow. But to live a consistently changed life that does not repeat the same sins over and over again, then getting forgiveness (what a merciful God we serve who is merciful and has provided that Advocate for me if I sin) spells the Good News that Jesus coming provides: salvation FROM my sin, not just IN my sin and FOR my sin.

Hallelujah!

This sermon is one I heard 12 years ago, while in my religious but unsaved state, and it was the best news I had ever heard! So I want to bless the Brother who taught it and I want to share it with you today. It really does work. I am so glad to know it and live it and love Him for it!


Love and blessings,
Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...