Friday, May 17, 2013

Why Does Revival Tarry?

Spring Rain
“As I said, there are two great reasons we don’t have revival.
We’re content
 to live
 without it,
It’s too costly.
We don’t want God to disrupt our status quo.
The Christian life can only be lived one way,
and that’s God’s way.
And God’s way is that I leave all and follow Him.
God’s way is that, in that hour when I think I am going to have joy or something, suddenly that cup turns into a cup of bitterness. When I think I’ve “arrived” at something,
the Lord shutters that.
We think, “If I had the privileges of Mrs. So-and-so,
I’d be a real saint.”
 
Leonard Ravenhill
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
May we let God break us of anything that would allow ourselves to remain
on the throne of our hearts, instead of living in Jesus' new life.
If we are to be His witnesses, then we must forsake all...
and follow Him.
 
I am repeatedly awed at a Father God who knows just how to keep
me on track with Him, and who honors the heart that desires
to forsake all and follow Him by making sure that that heart
has every opportunity to abide in Him and experience the
abundant life that Jesus came to give.
 
Glory to God on high!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...