Monday, July 8, 2013

Daughter's Retreat 2013

Two years ago, I was privileged to take part in hosting a Daughter's Retreat, an idea born from my friend, Jenna's passion to bless and encourage daughters to have a vision of homemaking and family life in their father's house. We had a lot of fun sharing together, praying together, and hiking.

This year, my friend Rachael and I decided to do host a retreat. I take such joy in blessing daughters. They are such hardworking ladies and I loved hosting a day for them to be refreshed and revived.






This year the theme was "Love Has Manners". We reflected on how Jesus' love covers all areas of courtesy and is a must in order for us to reflect Him and fulfill the reason we were created: to bring glory to God. Then we discussed practical ways to meet new friends, greet old friends, be a thoughtful hostess/thankful guest, and how to express gratitude for gifts and blessings we receive from friends.

We had games in between sessions of discussion.
a Bible scavenger hunt, women of the Bible quiz, and yard Blitz.
A good time was had by all!
 
 

A lovely fiesta colored lunch table, along with delicious food was
 Rachael's gift to the girls' day.



My heart thrills to see these daughters choosing to grow up in Him,
singing together and filling their places in their homes.



If God tarries, and prospers my dreams, I hope we can do this again next year.
 And the year after that.
And the year after that. :-)



all photo credits go to Wendy Woodburn,
our photographer friend for the day!
(and a friend every day!)
 
 
 
 
"Bind Us Together, Lord"
 
"The older woman should teach the younger..."
May the Lord help us to do just this!
In love, because He has a heart for each
woman to know her place in
His design.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...