Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thanksgiving on Thursday...

lilies from my garden
photo credit: Angela Zimmerman
Saw this quote today by one of my favorite authors:

" ...; the greatest sin is,
' I can manage my life myself
without God.'" 

 ~ Leonard Ravenhill
 
It reminded me again of how subtle the devil is and how, like an angel of light, he is sweeping the churches with psychobabble...mixing the truth of God's word with the religions of others, even the teachings of atheists and God-haters, to produce a change in people that is actually not leading them through the Door of the sheepfold but helping them to climb up by some other way.
 
The ONLY way to God is by acknowledging Jesus Christ. I do this when I own my own sin, not blaming it on anyone else but admitting the error of my ways, repenting (being sorry for and turning from my sins that I committed), calling on the name of the Lord Jesus in faith that HE is the Advocate with the Father for me. Any other way is another way in and will make oh, so eternal a difference in the end.
 
I was close to having strange doctrine in my belief at one time in my life and God mercifully opened my eyes and said "Walk here, not there. I am not over there. I am here on the narrow way. Stay here, and come away from the edge of that cliff. I don't want you to fall and hurt yourself. I need you to learn of Me and follow Me in all things, including and especially the simple message I have for true freedom."
 
And so today, I lift my hands in praise to the One who is merciful and kind. HE never fails. He is always right and if we listen and obey, we will be right there beside him, walking in harmony with Him, growing up in Him with our roots down deep in the Word. I praise the Lord for being a loving Father to me and for knowing that my heart truly desired Him but that I needed guidance over that dangerous terrain. I am perfectly safe in His care. Oh, may I follow Him all the days of my life!
 
Blessed be the name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...