Monday, July 29, 2013

Wonderful Peace...

The grass looks better at sunset
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Blessed are the single-hearted, for they shall enjoy much peace. If you refuse to be hurried and pressed, if you stay your soul on God, nothing can keep you from that clearness of spirit which is life and peace. In that stillness you will know what His will is.”
 
Amy Carmichael
 
 
About 10 years ago, I was distressed over many things in life
that were not 'right'. My sister gave me a wall hanging with
this Scripture from Psalm 46:
 
"Be still and know that I am God."
 
It has been with me all these years and has
helped me to walk in His presence in
simplicity, learning to trust and not try to control
and 'make' things happen that only He can.
 
When I was a young child, and on into my teenaged years,
I carried a lot of sorrow and struggled with hurt and confusion.
One of our old records had the following song on it.
I can still hear the words and feel the stirring in my soul
to know the God of the peace that they sang of.
 
Today, I KNOW Him. And I know that peace.
Thank you Jesus!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...