Tuesday, July 30, 2013

His Mysterious Ways...

Handshake

The woman sat across from me, tears welling up in her eyes. With quivering lips, she told me of sorrows that had happened to her in her childhood, years before, and how much she had struggled to make sense of life and God through the pain and heartache. As she spoke, she raised her eyes to look at me. What she said next totally blew me away.

"Remember that debt I owed you a few years ago?" she asked. When I acknowledged that I did, she continued, "The day you told me to forget it and to figure we are squared away is the very first time I understood what Jesus had done in forgiving my sin and canceling my debt. God took what you did and made a spiritual lesson out of it for me."

I was stunned. And then I was thrilled to know that the One who never changes, the One who knew us as little girls giggling and going to school together, the One who saw when sorrows happened to us both, the One who brought us both out of the miry clay and set our feet upon a Rock, that One worked mysteriously on a day when I had no clue what was happening, except a nudging in my heart to cancel the monetary debt she owed me.

But He had something bigger in mind.

I am blessed to call Him my Daddy Father.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...