Tuesday, August 20, 2013

It Caught my Eye...

Recently I recommended a devotional book to a friend, one that I had read and was very blessed by when I was a very young Christian:

What is the Father Like?
by Phillip Keller
 
Front Cover
 
It prompted me to get the book off my shelf and read it again.
The dedication caught my eye today as I opened the book,
and caused my heart to weep with sorrow for the many, many
children who grew up in 'Christian' homes but could never
truthfully say this about their parents:
 
"In Memory of my Dad,
who truly, truly
knew God."
 
Wow! What a blessing for a son to be able to say that
of his dad, and to dedicate a book about the
Father in heaven, to the memory of his father on earth.
 
Parents, let us walk in the light of His Word,
with Him every day,
so that we may bless our children with that same
Life and Light that we have been
commissioned to be His witnesses of!
 
First in our homes,
then in our communities.
 
If you want to read this book, it can be found on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always enjoy hearing from my readers. Feel free to leave a Christ-honoring comment.

I Can Trust Jesus...

This quote has grabbed my attention alot. I have had opportunity, just like anyone else in this world, to experience the reality ...